4/2/12

The Racist Woman

Okay, so let's start in with the excuses, I've been prrrrreeeettty busy since my last post, to summarize: my mom came to visit me and we did loads of awesome touristy stuff, my dog got sick -__- and a whole bunch of work stuff happened, any way time to segway-segway-SEGUE into this post!


Here it goes, so unlike most people around here; I don't have a car. I have to take this thing called a bus...


Bus-people are ...interesting...

 and now I am one of them,

A month ago, there was this one racist woman - who gave me a hard time.  I got to thinking about her life and what had made her the way she is

It's so sunny here that I don't understand how anyone could be angry


So here she is, let's call her 'Jane Doe'

Naaaah, HERE she is and let's call her 'idiot-face', 


And here, folks, is her origin story...


Jane grew up in a small town where she fell in love with a guy, let's name him Raj,

 She was really into him

Like, REALLY into him


and then one day he broke her heart














and her world crumbled


This was followed by a series of unrelated events...For starters, a brown monster began to haunt her nights


An Indian someone started to sabotage her otherwise perfect cooking

 A brown dude pushed her down crooked stairs

 She lost at Bingo (...guess who won?! the brown dude that pushed her down the stairs.)

 Her hair transplant had unexpected results (silky sheen being not being one of them!)

 Sudden indian food fueled spice-induced rage black outs

A brown taxi driver drove by her  (on her way to volunteer at the soup-kitchen) and soaked her in brownish water

And her soul was taken by a brown death eater

So finally she hit breaking point and snapped. 


And it just so happened that she hopped the same bus I was taking that faithful morning. It was quite the surprise when she met the likes of me. 


Finally someone she could rage upon who got too scared to yell back, and instead curled into a ball  (see appendix c; entitled, 'Aminder's defense against everything; fetal position and its benefits for your back!')

So please, understand that what happened was overdue for poor Jane and we can't blame her. And I just happened to be in firing range. 

There you go, the story of Jane Doe the Racist Bus-woman. And don't get me wrong, other than this one incident everyone in Burbank has been insanely nice to me. 
K, that last one hasn't happened...yet. 

Since that incident there have been some changes on the bus, in fact there are suddenly two Indian drivers, haha.  Oh and here's one final bus moment, just for everyone who made it this far. 

Russian Dude: "I am be looking for Amereekan girl to marry"
Me: "Ah man, sorry, I'm Canadian"

Also, one last note to make this post the longest ever. I've been getting traffic to my blog from people googling 'Persian Bitch' ...  what the what?!

32 comments:

Mike Zhang said...

Hahaha this should be made into an animated short, too awesome!

Nikolas Ilic said...

amazing......haha there is so much awesome in this post! :)

Katherine Lim said...

make an animatic! this is GOLD!! HAHAHAHAH. really comical hahah.

Agnes Salek said...

Lolve it! Aminder. More stories yes? :D

Janine Antolin said...

Gold. Pure GOLD. you tell the best stories. If I could, I'd ask you to storyboard my entire life (like how peter griffin narrates his) to make it that much more interesting.

Lee Tao said...

That was fking awesome. WHEN YOU GET SO GOOD.

Nikhita said...

LOL!!! Poor Aminder! It's okay, Jane Doe did have a dark (or rather brown) past... ;)

ARPITA said...

hahahaha!!! this is amazing...the brown death eater's the best..!

Frankie Swan said...

haha nice!!

Aaron Ludwig said...

Man, it's amazing how you can look at someone and know their entire life story. :)

Mildred L. said...

AUGH I love you so much! Why the hell are you no longer apart of my day to day life?!

Amanda said...

Ok, you have some serious talent for telling stories! This was hilarious and really fun to read. Loved the last bit :D

Kasia Niton said...

Hahaha this was amazing Aminder! Enjoyed every bit!

Noam Sussman said...

hahah funny drawings/story :)

Suu said...

this is pure hilarity. love it :)

Lisa Wang said...

LOL Aminder you gotta make more of this kinda stuff. I love ittttttttt

Embug said...

Bahaha. Great stuff. Love it<3

Sanatan said...

Pure awesome! This needs to be a series.

Sanatan said...

Pure awesome! This needs to be a series.

Sandra Loke said...

hahaha oh my a god! That was the best thing ever!!! My boyfriend and I were lmao. I want to see this animated now

Michelle Yoon said...

despite the hateful hatefulness of the racist woman, ur post is still very lovely. Makes me wanna be more productive :D

Wesley Blondin said...

Wow, great post. Really inspired me (not because of the racism, but your awesome drawings)
thanks for being the best ever.

GDFL (get it?)

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

GDFL...?

Johnny Koester said...

I've heard this story, but the pictures (as is usually the case) make things better.

Tapan Gandhi said...

Too good!!! Aminder, this was hilarious. Reminds me of my bus adventures through Burbank.. but I never got an Indian hater! Sorry that happened

Timothy Chan said...

LOL!!! that was awesome!!! me wants MORE!!!

Adam Temple said...

I like your drawings. And your sense of humor!

Gordon Hammond said...

That was an awesome story.

Riding the bus in LA is like riding with America's Most Wanted...

And yeah, it's the sunniest place on the globe and people are so grumpy!!? I don't get it...?

Genius stuff!

Nic said...

You're pretty much the best. One of my favorite little stories, I laughed out loud all the way through

~ said...

FFF....FFFUUUU.....FFUUUUNNN...EEHHYYY

AHAHAHAA.....But why a brown guy push her off the stairs:(

Anna Bron said...

hahaha, I love this, especially the Russian dude at the end :) 90% of the people I saw on the busses in Burbank were Mexicans, so I can't imagine where you found this one racist bitch!

Aparajita said...

what beautiful elaborate posts of your life!
I got asked by an airport officer-" got any rice in there?"